Sunday, June 28, 2009

Shoulders & Biceps Workout

Feeling like I'm really back on track now with my training. It's been about 2 weeks since I started really focusing on my competition approach by starting my early morning cardio training and Abs split, and I won't lie - it wasn't easy getting into such a strict routine, and my diet took almost as long for me to not feel like cheating or eating more. They say that a habit is formed over 3 weeks, but can be broken within 3 days. So if your embarking on such a training routine, or following my plan which I'll be posting daily, don't expect to stay on track from the get-go, but by staying as close to the plan as you possibly can, you'll be sure to form a habit that will allow things to get easier over time. That said, if you do go off track from your diet or training, except it, forgive yourself, and get back on the starting blocks the very next day. If you leave it for too long, you'll find it so much harder to get back on the track to success. Stay focused, forgive yourself for any minor set backs, and keep your eyes on the bigger picture!

Ok, so on to the workout! Before I layout my workout, let me first tell you about the supplements I am taking. For past competitions I have relied pretty heavily on supplementation (Natural ones that can be purchased from the shelves of any sports supplementation store), but whilst I cannot say that they did not give me an edge over had I have not taken any, I felt that I was becoming to reliant on them, which would not only effect my state of mind during workouts when I ran out of them, or forgot to take them during a few sessions, but was also a pretty heavy weight on my wallet, as I'm sure you've all found - supplements stacks are far from cheap. With that said, there are still a number of supplements that I wouldn't want to go without, and these are:

Glutamine, BCAA's, Whey Isolate, EPA, Multivitamin, in addition to ZMA and Melatonin (prior to sleep). More about these later on.

I felt really good going into the gym today. The weather was crazy hot - close to 100f, and I was already starting to look vascular from the drive to the gym.

Here is the overview of my workout for Shoulders and Biceps. I know it was a lot of sets, but seeing as though I was in the mood to keep going, I just kept going (I wouldn't normally train like this, and as a result, my workout tomorrow will no doubt be at a lower intensity, but I made some of my best lifts this year today).

Weight in lbs / Reps
For full sets, reps and weights, check out my BodySpace: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/robriches/

Seated Military Press (Behind the head - to top of ears)
Seated Dumbbell Presses
Standing Dumbbell Front Raises
Bent Over Rear Dumbbell Flys
Standing Behind-the-back Lateral Cable Flys
Upright Rows

Olympic Bar Curls
Standing Alt. Dumbbell Curls
Cable Preacher Curl

Gave myself a 9.5 out of 10 for today's workout. One word. Awesome!

No comments: